Páginas

sexta-feira, 30 de novembro de 2018

The Flowers

Is there no one,
no one selling
flowers
along this unlucky street?

And this dark sea,
this gloomy sky,
this hostile wind –
oh, yesterday’s camellias,
camellias white and red, smiling
in the golden cloister –
a spring mirage!

Who’ll sell me a flower today?
I have so many in my heart:
but all clasped
in heavy bunches –
trampled –
done in.
I have so many that my soul
suffocates and nearly dies
under their vast unshared
mass.
But at the bottom of the dark sea
is the heart’s key –
at the bottom of the dark heart
until evening
my useless harvest
will lie
imprisoned –

O who will sell me
a flower – a different flower,
born outside of me,
in a true garden,
that I might offer the one who awaits?

Is there no one,
no one who will sell me
flowers
along this unhappy path?


14 February 1933

Antonia Pozzi

trad. Peter Robinson
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...