Páginas

quinta-feira, 1 de dezembro de 2011

Sleep brings no joy to me

Isabelle Hupert em "Les Soeurs Brontes", de André Téchiné, 1979

Sleep brings no joy to me,
Remembrance never dies;
My soul is given to misery
And lives in sighs.

Sleep brings no rest to me;
The shadows of the dead
My waking eyes may never see
Surround my bed.

Sleep brings no hope to me;
In sounder sleep they come.
And with their doleful imagery
Deepen the gloom

Sleep brings no strength to me,
No power renewed to brave:
I only sail a wilder sea,
A darker wave.

Sleep brings no friend to me
To soothe and aid to bear;
They all gaze, oh, how scornfully,
And I despair.

Sleep brings no wish to knit
My harassed heart beneath:
My only wish is to forget
In the sleep of death.


Emily Bronte - Sleep Brings No Joy To Me ("The Complete Poems")
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...